To reach out and provide support to both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students from both the University of Melbourne and Monash University while fostering a sense of community and belonging .
Aims and Objectives:
We serve as a bridge between Victorian-based Singapore medical students and Singaporean healthcare organisations such as:
- The Ministry of Health (MOH)
- MOH Holdings (MOHH)
- National University Health System (NUHS)
- National Healthcare Group (NHG).
Through the provision of a wide array of social, academic and sporting events, we aim to fortify the sense of belonging and forge lasting friendships amongst the medical community.
SMSV is also committed to encouraging the personal and professional development of our future doctors through our medical volunteering projects as well professional development seminars.
SMSV is a student-led organization, consisting of mainly Singaporean medical students studying in Victoria, Australia. SMSV was inaugurated in 2008, and currently has 253 members.
The three types of memberships are:
- Ordinary Membership – Awarded to all interested parties who fulfills the membership criteria and has access to all SMSV social and academic events and publications.
- Honorary Membership – Awarded to a person who has made a substantial contribution to the club and shall enjoy all rights of ordinary membership except the right to hold an appointment as a club office bearer.
- Alumni Membership – Open to all alumni of the Singapore Medical Society of Victoria